Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Another Transfer in Good ol' Starkey

Hey Y'all!
     Well, I'm here in Starke for another transfer! Not very surprising, Starke is legendary for keeping whoever comes here for forever (at least 6 months usually, the most I've seen is nine). But yeah, I'm excited though, because I get to see the six baptism dates that we set happen! (hopefully) It's been a very very busy week. On Tuesday, Elder Walgamott came here from Macclenny and we had an awesome trade off.  Basketball was super fun.  I'll have to see if I can email y'all a video he took during it. The day after, Wednesday was probably one of the coolest days of my life. I forget if I told you or not but Neil L. Anderson came here Wednesday to talk to us. Yeah, Neil L. Anderson, as in the one from the quorum of the twelve apostles!!!! It was super awesome, the first time an apostle has been here since 1988! We went to Lake City for that and he talked to all of us missionaries from 2-5. He specifically talked about having more faith than we did last year and having the faith to accomplish our goals, super neat. And since I'm in the Lake City Zone/Stake we got to stay for his Stake Devotional from 7-9 that night so I got to see him twice and shake his hand! Best day ever. Nothing too interesting happened Thursday, oh except that night we were tracting and knocked some people's door and if I haven't told you already almost everyone here yells, "Who is it?" or "who it be?" or "who it is?". Anyway they yelled it twice and we answered the missionaries and if they dont get it by then we usually just say "jesus people" so they'll understand. They yelled back and were like "We don't believe in Jesus" so we left and saw a massive cross in the front yard as we left--haha some people... Saturday wore me out bad. We didn't even study that morning because Brother Barber picked us up to go do some service for another family in our ward, the Watsons, out in Hampton. We thought it'd take an hour and a half, two hours tops. Nope. Four hours of chopping down trees,moving the debris, moving this super old trailer that hasn't been moved since the 70's and various other things. It was tiring but service is always fun. We usually do service from 1-3 on Saturdays for some less-actives, the Masseys but the morning service took so long, we only had time to share a spiritual message with them. We taught Kyle and Isabel (both teens) and set baptismal dates with both of them so now, as I said, we have 6 bap dates. we went to the Beckhams for dinner (we always do  Saturday nights, since the sisters are gone) and that's always a hoot. They invite a few other people from the ward over too for that.  Sunday was pretty good too. In Sunday School our lesson got hijacked by one of the members of the ward and got really weird, hopefully that never happens again, it was just... weird. Yesterday could have been bad but it was actually decent. Mondays before transfer are infamous for being pretty much terrible days, it's just the way it is I guess. But we ended up doing service like half the day yesterday. We raked our neighbors yard for her, and helped the great-grandma of a youth in the ward take down some Cacti (we had needles everywhere...the worst) and fill in dirt holes in the driveway that got washed out. Super fun. We get to go back Thursday and finish. The awesome thing about this lady is that she has not 1, not 2, but 25 dogs!! There were at least 10 dogs surrounding me all afternoon--it was great haha. It's been an awesome week and I get to spend another month and a half in Starke.  I cant wait!  By the end of this transfer I'll have been out for 6 months! crazy right? Hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Toolson

Me and this guy, Roger who comes to play bball. I taught him how to play ninja and every time I see him he wants to play me at least 3 or 4 times haha. If you'll notice at the end he says "one more time"

No comments:

Post a Comment