Friday, September 25, 2015

Meetings Galore

September 21, 2015

Hey y'all!
     This week was fantastic! One of the better weeks since I've been here. We got invited  over to the Gordon's for dinner on Monday and they had a non member friend there so we had an impromptu member-present lesson so that was awesome. 

Tuesday was the bomb. We taught 5 people that day! We taught two new people who we were just prompted to see that day. We were just biking down the road and turned left into this neighborhood and I don't even know why but then we taught two people in a row. It was great. We had a powerful lesson with Anne and Nancy (investigators) that night and brought Bro. Christiansen with us. Its about a 45 minute bike out to their house and we had a long, but good lesson. We ended up making it back to the apartment around 10:15 that night. Good gracious, I was so tired. 

On Wednesday it rained ALL DAY. I was so done with it about 4 hours into the rainstorm. But it was good, Nancy came to Book of Mormon class that night, so that turned my night around. Side note, the ride home from Book of Mormon class is super dark and my light is awful, so it's quite the experience every time haha. Elder Purcell was here with me once for it and I heard him yell out behind me, " OH MY GOSH! I feel like I'm in the mist of darkness in Lehi's dream!" I about fell off my bike I was laughing so hard. We also had district meeting that day. 

Thursday we had interviews with President Craig and that went super good. I had my interview and Sister Craig gave an awesome training on stress. It really helped me out a bunch and she used a whole bunch of old pictures of all of us the day we came out and then what we are like now. I'll attach them because I think they are hilarious. Sister Craig made the joke about my picture on my first day and said it looks like I was thinking I could duck behind Elder Nielsen (the huge one) and make a run for it haha. We weekly planned that day too and saw Retha. 

On Friday we had yet another meeting, 3 meetings in 3 days, goodness. We had to drive to Jacksonville for the trainer trainee meeting and it was super weird being on the flipside. We basically just talked about what has been working, what some issues have been, how to fix them, etc. the best part was definitely the free lunch and I got to rehash about Starke with Elder Warren and how everyone was doing during lunch. We saw a few people that night afterwards. 

Saturday was an awesome day. We spent the day out in Archer mowing lawns for the most part. We mowed Howard's lawn and Donna's lawn. They were basically jungles we were mowing with a push mower and it didn't have a gas cap so we had to put a little gas in at a time so it wouldn't spurt out. It was fun though. Doing yard work has become very therapeutic for me.That night we went to this neighborhood and basically everyone fell through there, BUT we just started talking with everyone around the complex and did a street contact with these two women and they just start laughing and are like, Yeah! we are actually in the 2nd ward! So we saved it and had a lesson with them and their entire family (all 7 of them)!

Yesterday was good too. Church was great and our investigator Ron stayed for Sunday School finally! We had to teach the class on the Word of Wisdom. For some reason the new converts in this ward have taken to calling them "the wisdoms".... anyway we finished church and had dinner at bishop's house and hitched a ride with the Yaedes, who also came (they are new to the ward). We knocked some doors for the rest of night. Hope Y'all have a fantastic week!

Elder Toolson

 This is the "After" picture he was talking about.  The First Day picture he sent would not open.  I'll have to see if he can resend it.



David's makeshift rain gear.


Jungle Yards



David's companion helping with yard work

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I wonder if he will still find yard work therapeutic when he returns. If so, I'm sure Grant would be willing to offer him free therapy every week. :)

    ReplyDelete