Thursday, December 31, 2015

My New Life

December 21, 2015

Hey Y'all! This week has been SO good. I feel like so much has happened this week it's crazy. I think the wifi goofed up last week so whoops. (Note:  He wrote a letter but we did not receive it.)

Monday and Tuesday were my last days in the trio with Elder Faber and Elder Dean. It was too much fun being in a trio for a week and I loved it. Tuesday all of the Elders went Golfing for FREE. There was this member that owns a golf course and he let us all golf there. It was awesome and tons of fun. We had a district P-day afterwards and played a bunch of games at the church. We played signs and the missionary version of Mafia. We call it Gadianton Robbers haha. It was super fun. We spent our final night just saying goodbye to people in the 1st ward. I super miss 1st ward already but absolutely LOVE being back in my own ward. It feels like coming home, it's great. 

On Wednesday I picked up my new son (greenie), Elder Flake. He is a pretty cool guy from Sonora, California and actually has social skills so that's a bonus. Training is a little bit different the second time around since I've actually done it before. I'm a lot less stressed and am not nervous whatso-ever. A lot more relaxing than last time for sure (well, as relaxing as missionary works gets I guess). We came back and knocked doors and had dinner with the Waltons (the family that sent you that picture mom) and they are Awesome. They gave us these huge Christmas stockings full of a bunch of food and a McDonald's gift card. They are my favorite people. 

Thursday we did service for a sister in our ward and a recent convert in the first ward. We also had correlation that night. 

Friday we weekly planned. Its always rough the first week since your companion still has no clue what's going on. We went out and talked to this guy Doug for a long long time. He was super funny but definitely hit just about every uncomfortable subject possible--Polygamy, Blacks and the priesthood, etc. etc. We knocked doors for awhile after and nothing happened so we were all depressed BUT right before we got in to our place for dinner we stopped and talked to this guy who was super excited and wants to meet with us again! woo!

Saturday was a crazy day. We had to drop this guy Rex because he is constantly trying to bible bash with us and tell us we are going to hell and stuff, so that was pretty terrible, but we went and did service for a less-active sister in the ward and raked some leaves, so that was super good. She was the NICEST lady. And we made a late night pit stop at a members house to share a quick message with them and tighten my bike seat up. It was pretty good. 

And Yesterday. Yesterday was the BEST. We had an investigator Bill come to church!!!!!! The first time we have had someone at church since I've been here! He LOVED it and said he'd be back next week. I'm so excited. He is probably one of the coolest guys ever. Unfortunately after church both me AND Elder Flake's back tires blew out, so we were on foot all night. We knocked some doors, saw some members and called it a week. 

Merry Christmas and God bless! Email me back if you have any questions about the picture :)

▪️Elder Toolson▪️

Sister Dixon's "funeral"
 Elder Flake and Elder Toolson at the Walton's home
The Walton's for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment