Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Elder Zwick is Amazing, and I Saw the Biggest Dog in my Life

February 25, 2015

Hey Y'all!
     This week has been a good one! Last Monday and Tuesday were the worst though. Me and Elder Warren both came down with some kind of bronchitis and were basically at the threshold of death for those 2 days. Nothing happens when your sick as a missionary.  It's so boring, I hate it. Anyways, Wednesday we were finally well enough to get out and go do something. We had district meeting here in Starke in the morning and I gave a memorized scripture. Matthew 7:1-2. Judge not, that be not judged, etc. We ate at Taco Bell after and went new-investigator hunting for a bit. We've been trying out this new survey approach where we ask them these ten questions and it usually takes about ten minutes and gets people to open up more. It's Awesome. We got one potential from it but we haven't seen her since. Thursday was the best day this week by far! Elder Zwick came to our mission for a mission conference. He spoke very powerfully about the question, "Am I willing to change?" I wish y'all could have heard him speak.  His voice carries the Spirit like you wouldn't believe.

He noted that when we are willing to change the Spirit will be with us, but if we are not willing, the Spirit will not be there. Brother Hemingway from the Church Missionary Department also spoke to us and explained the process of rebooting the whole Ipad program and putting them to better use. Facebook has been given to us for a reason, not to play Farmville, or share viral videos, but to share the gospel! As Elder Uchtdorf said, "Use your hands, to blog and text message the gospel to all the world!" We ate at Five Guys afterwards and it was amazing. I don't think I've had it since I left AZ. Even better, I picked me up some Bo-berry biscuits from Bojangles! I was so pumped about that for like an hour. On Friday we worked at the food pantry again since we missed our usual Thursday volunteering. That night we visited a potential, Tim. He lives in the backwoods and he taught me a super good lesson that night! Smile! He had just gotten out of the hospital and was in no condition to talk to anyone at the moment.  He looked like he was about to collapse. We asked if we could say a prayer with him and he said yes. When we asked who he'd like to say it, he looked at each of us twice over, and I flashed a smile at him and he said, "You look sweet", so I did. It like made my night. So smile! There's no reason not too! Saturday we went over to the Masseys and talked with them for awhile. The service we did this time for them was probably the most fun ever. We helped Brother Massey burn this massive burn pile out back. We spent about an hour dragging small trees to it and just watched it burn. It was super awesome. We ate dinner with the Beckhams that night and had pancakes (apparently it was national pancake day?)  and taught a very good lesson about prayer with them. Yesterday we had church like normal and Kyle was confirmed during sacrament meeting! It was awesome to be part of confirming someone for like the first time ever. We had our last lesson with the Cowarts after church before they get baptized this Saturday! We spent the rest of the day finding and it was pretty average except for one thing. We were talking to this lady and I noticed something move in the corner of my eye. I looked over and pretty much jumped.  It was without a doubt the biggest dog I have ever seen in my life. It was basically a small horse. Apparently it was a bull mastiff. My goodness, I wish I could have taken a picture. Scared the living out of me. Anyways hope y'all have a great week!

Elder Toolson

No comments:

Post a Comment