Monday, April 6, 2015

It's a Small World After All!



April 6, 2015

Hey Y'all!
     This week has really been a blur. A lot has just been teaching
and finding people. We've been sharing the 'Because He Lives' video, y'all have probably seen it, in an effort to boost up the Easter season. It was pretty great! People recognize the Spirit that comes from it, even when they aren't of our faith. Anyways the whole week was basically building up to general conference and how awesome it was. The only things I can remember from the week are that one of our investigators prayed for their spouse's parents to "stop being buttholes" and I almost lost my composure during the prayer. Close call. It was hilarious. Anyways we had a couple members come out with us this week too. Brother Musgrove and Brother Bennett are the only ones I really remember. The Musgroves lived in Mechanicsville, VA for a time so we bonded over the fact that we were in the same stake when I was growing up. Also Curtis Musgrove, in addition to that, served in the Tempe Arizona Mission and guess what one of his areas was? Queen Creek. Crazy right? Like 12-14 years ago or something like that. I don't know if you remember an Elder Musgrove but he was there. He asked me if I knew the Zappettinis and my jaw just dropped.  Apparently the missionaries used to live in their garage. Anyway, conference was amazing, and it's even more amazing when you go in having questions and they are directly answered. We watched it at the church with all the other missionaries and with some of our investigators some of the sessions. My favorite talk was probably Dallin H. Oaks on the parable of the sower and how it's about the soil that we plant in. One of my favorite quotes from Dale G. Renlund quoting Nelson Mandela was "a saint is a sinner who keeps on trying." Only six more months till the next time...last night was pretty sweet though. We went over to a member's house for dinner and they asked us if we wanted to hand feed a baby goat it's bottle, so we did. It was pretty cool. I picked up a baby goat too so heck yeah. Cross that one off the bucket list. Hopefully should get those pictures to you later. We also went fishing almost all day today and I caught four fish. Pretty proud of myself. Hope y'all have a fantastic week!

Elder Toolson




Feeding a baby goat!


Waycross Water Tower!

No comments:

Post a Comment