Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Funeral and a Transfer

November 10, 2015

Hey Y'all!

This week has been awesome one. Well, first things first, I'm getting transferred! Just found out I'll be going to Fleming Island to be with Elder Hartvigsen, and I'll be the district leader, so I'll let you know how that goes. I've actually served around Elder Hartvigsen before. He was here in High Springs with Elder Purcell for two transfers, so it's pretty nice that I already know my companion. 


This past week has been full of major ups and downs it's been a crazy one that's for certain. Last Monday, we had a Drop lesson with these investigators, oh my goodness. We walked in and they had 8-9 pages of Anti and I spent an hour and a half addressing all of it.... It was definitely one of the most exhausting "bashes"(debates) I've ever been in and a humongous waste of time. E. Smith was pretty quiet because he's still pretty new to that stuff. It was definitely an unforgettable experience. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the apostle Paul, who sometimes spent months, the scriptures say, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks." (Acts 18:4) 

Anyways, on Tuesday I went on a trade off with Elder Randall and it was sweet! We did service for this lady and pulled a bunch of weeds out of the back of her yard. We had an awesome lesson with Kurt that night, and we took Bro. Williams with us. It was really powerful and we got him to come to church Sunday as well as Book of Mormon class Wednesday! I gave Jim's Book of Mormon to him (note--we sent BOMs with our testimony in it to David) and he almost started crying... He's a great guy, I'll really miss him. 

On Wednesday I said goodbye to Andrea and we had Book of Mormon class. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, except yesterday was probably the best transfer Monday ever. I took it upon myself to throw a funeral for Elder Rodriguez. Me and Elder Smith baked him a tombstone looking cake and we gave him a (?-not sure what word this was supposed to be) and baked funeral potatoes for him. I'm very proud of myself. Anyways we had another lesson with Kurt and said goodbye. We drove out to Archer with the Andersens because about a week or two back I set up this awesome situation and long story short we have a new couch and I love it. Your welcome future Gainesville 2nd Elders. I'm totally sleeping on it tonight. Love y'all! 

Also, we went bowling today and I beat EVERYONE. #I'mPrideful. I love my life.


Elder Toolson








Elder Toolson and Andrea Miller





'




No comments:

Post a Comment